Emergency alerts are sent out to devices that are within a specific geographic area.
Most new devices already support the reception of Emergency Alerts and only need to be activated. Devices are automatically activated when updated with required software from Android og iOS.
The Emergency Alert System does not use your telephone number or any other personal information. Therefore it does not matter which subscription you have, where you live or work, or where the telephone is registered.
Receiving emergency alerts is free of charge. You do not need to register, subscribe or download an app.
To receive emergency alerts, your phone must be connected to the mobile telephone network (4G/5G). Your phone must also be updated with required software.
These devices can receive emergency alerts:
- Android phones running on Android 11 or later and Google play updates from February 2023 or later
- Smart watches and phones with Android GO with Android 13 or later
- Apple phones (iPhone 8 or later) running on iOS 16.2 or later
- Apple watch running on watchOS 9.2 or later
- Smart watches with wearOS
Make sure your device has all the latest software updates.
Check your phone